Personal Style and lifestyle by Amanda C.Watson

Friday, September 20, 2013

OOTD - Inspire by Eponine

DSC_0916
DSC_0970
DSC_0859
 DSC_0878
DSC_0923
Dress: (Persunmall), Cap (Chicnova) 

Hello there! Today's title is very clear... The inspiration behind this look is taken from the character of Eponine from the movie "Les Miserables". I actually hated her character when she was playing herself  as a little girl, but then when she played her grown up version... I connected to her and I related to her words... even though I understood that she kinda deserved her destiny... but at the same time who am I to judge... (Everybody deserves a second chance), I mean Javert did in fact steal and we didn't see him as a theft...) She also got me thinking about the role adults play in our early years... Eponine could have turned out like her parents (evil and malicious) but she didnt...Maybe it was love that changed her to be pure and good, the total opposite of her parents... I think her song on "my own" was not only being on her own without Marius... I think it was more about being on her own in time as well..  I think she was pretty much the only girl that went to battle and the fact that she dressed herself like a boy also says a lot about her position in society... So did I nailed the character? Did I catch her essence with this look? 

Try a similar look: 
 Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Loooove this maxi skirt with the sporty cap! Such a cool combination :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect look! Love everything about it!<3

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice dress!!@ ;-))


    new post

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress with the belt : AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is beautiful! But be careful, it seems like it is really see-through!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous in that maxi dress! And especially love the fact that you took the inspiration from a movie/musical character :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that dress is gorgeous! and i loved how you styled it with the hat and the cool leather jacket!


    x
    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice dress ! You look amazing ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ME ENCANTA! YO CREO QUE TODO QUEDA MEJOR CON GORRA! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great belt! And you're really loving Les Mis! Awesome!

    -Kris

    The Kris Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you mixed the dress with the leather jacket and cap. Tough girl, sporty lux, rocker chic
    Dee
    Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete

© Done n Done. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig