Personal Style and lifestyle by Amanda C.Watson

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Realstars - A new initiative against human trafficking and fair sex - finding your path while still being creative .

27 sep 2012
Pictures from exactly a year ago =)

This is going to be a very different post but I m sure that many of you are going to appreciate it. If you have been paying attention to some of my post  in the past then you would know that  I 've been dragging to tell you a little secret.  I've been super secretive about it because I didn't want to jinx it. So, the story actually starts back in April of 2013 when everybody at school started talking about the next semester and internships. I immediately felt super stressed because I felt like I wasnt going to be able to find anything where I live and moving again to a different city or country wasnt really an option at that moment...
During that time I was also looking for jobs within my field and seeing how hard it was it made me feel even worse. But one day I saw a job opening for this organization called Realstars that was actually base in the city that I live in... What really caught my attention besides the fact that they work against human trafficking, was the fact that they incorporate fashion and art in their work. So I send in my application knowing that I wasn't going to get it because I knew I didn't have that much experience..  But I always think that sending an application event though you know you dont have that much experience is great way to practice and also its a great motivation to get that experience that you are desperately lacking ( and you never know maybe they pick you at the end). After getting my anticipated rejection letter I decided to contact them directly and I ask if they are looking for interns or  volunteer workers. And guess what?  they offered me an internship =) ... So this summer I've been doing small tasks and Im been getting to know the organization even more, and I found that their work goes beyond what I had imagine... 

You are probably thinking right now why did I just share this with you...    Well, there are a couple of reasons why I decided to post this now. The first reason is the pretty obvious, I really wanted to share the word about this organization because I really believe that working againt human trafficking is a great cause and its something that more people should get involve in. There are so many factors that contribute to this problem and by make them visible we are breaking the chain. At the same time I wanted to do this post to maybe inspire some you who are looking for job/internships in and so on...Working with human rights, international relations, gender equality and so on its not easy and the market for these kinda jobs is hard pretty much like any other market, but I believe that if you wanna make a change its important that you start taking baby steps, work withing your community and maybe in a couple of years of hard work you can make that global change working at the job of your dreams... To be honest, Im constantly worrying about my career because I dont want to waste my degree and its just so easy to get stuck when you start applying for jobs with hardly any experience. And I hope that things get better in a year so I can work with the things Im really passionate about.. . I've been sending job applications for months and now after a year since I graduated from International Relations I m finally seeing the product of my work. I manage to get this internship/volunteer job and also I manage to get a part time job as a group leader for another organization that works basically with equality, young adults and human rights and its awesome... Now with my masters degree coming together I feel like Im going somewhere... Even though Im not there yet I feel like that my dream position is coming together =)

The final reason why I wanted to share this post with you is because I wrote an article about Realstars for this British site called Ogunte. Ogunte is basically a company/community that believes in women empowerment and their goal is to help women make a positive impact on people and the word that we live in by enabling them to learn, lead and connect. So if you are interested check their website and also check out the article that I wrote on this link :Read the whole article here
And when you are done with the article and you feel like you wanna do more, check out this petition below to make a difference =)

    Sing the petition HERE

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. nice !! ;-))




    i invite to me too


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. guapaaaaa! las flores te sientan muy bien :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Wonderful that it worked out this way.
    I need to choose a study this year and everyone is telling me 'o, you shouldn't do that one, you'll never find a job'. But i honestly believe that if you want it, you can get it. And you are the perfect example of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just recently I posted this video so I'm definitely signing the petition. It's already signed!

    I wish you lots of success at your internship, babe, I hope the experience will be fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and hope you'll even learn more and of course keep up updated :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome cause to be a part of - congrats Amanda!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You look wonderful :)

    big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda te queda muy bien ese tono en el cabello

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so rad and it really solidifies what I've always thought about you which is that you are an awesome person! Thank you for sharing this! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ** ModCloth Glasses Giveaway on my blog! U.S. & Canada Only! **

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a good cause! Such admirable work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, what a great cause! you are a beautiful person inside out and I hope you achieve your career goals.
    Dee

    Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a great combination of colors, I love it


    http://elzanapjevic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations beautiful!! I read this entire post, I'm so happy for you that you found something that relates to fashion and a great cause. Keep it up and good luck!!


    xoxo,

    Thida K.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this sounds like such a fun interneship, but also a really rewarding experience! congrats girl, love it!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That's amazing! This is so inspirational. I'm glad it worked out. That's a step closer! And I love the photos.

    ReplyDelete

© Done n Done. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig